Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019–2020
Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019–2020 is available for South African students. Most of these Eskom Bursaries for South Africans are fully funded that covers for the whole study year. Read through for eligibility and requirements for the Eskom Bursaries Application.
About the Organization – ESKOM
Eskom was created at the calendar year 1923 by the South African government, whilst the states Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM). The Southern African power public utility is currently called Eskom and could be the biggest power producer in Africa, in addition to being at the leading 7 worldwide utilities based to production capacity.
Eskom is accountable for its creation of approximately 95 per cent of South Africa’s power, in addition to 45 per cent of Africa’s electricity usage. The business operates numerous power channels, for example, Koeberg nuclear power station along with Kendal Power Station is now chaired by Hendrik Johannes van der Bijl and can be divided into 3 branches, namely Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free
Level/Field of Study
As a Way of broadening the ability pool at the Nation and enabling young students to reach their career ambitions, Eskom is awarding bursary programmes to students studying over the following disciplines:
- Engineering: Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Safety and Risk
- Boiler Makers
- Fitters & Turners
- Control & Instrumentation
- Power Plant Operators
Eskom Bursaries are only available to South African Students. International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
Eskom is offering two Kinds of funding options:
Full Eskom Bursary: for students having a strong academic background – students are required to work for Eskom for that equal length of their bursary award.
Scholarships: for children or dependents of Eskom employees — students have to have a strong academic background and the Eskom employee needs to have a minimum of 5 years service.
These costs are all covered:
Full Eskom Bursary: enrollment and lodging fees, accommodation (or house ), meal expenses, prescribed publication allowance, PC allowance and also a vacation allowance.
Scholarship: enrollment and lodging fees, accommodation (or house ), meal expenses and prescribed publication allowance.
Eligibility for Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019
Applicants should meet the following minimal entrance standards before applying (please notice that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will probably result in an application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- In possession of a valid ID document
- Completed Matric and in possession of a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
- Agree to undergo a medical exam/ health declaration and interview
- Accepted for admission at a recognised higher education institution (full-time studies)
Applicants should have the following minimum academic results before applying:
- Applicants intending to study at University: minimum HG (C) or “5” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Technikons/ University of Technology: minimum HG (D)/ SG (C) or “4” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Further Education and Training (FET): minimum HG (E)/ SG (D) or “3” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants currently studying at a higher education institution must have passed all registered subjects for the current year of study.
How to Apply Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019
Download and complete the relevant application form (in full):
Full Eskom Bursary: Eskom Bursary Application-Form (.pdf)
Scholarship (University students): HJ van der Bijl Application-Form(.pdf)
Scholarship (Technikons/ University of Technology students): Straszacker Application-Form(.pdf)
Submit clear copies of these supporting documentation Together with your completed Form (the entry of those documents is mandatory — when some items are lost, your program be dismissed ):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Motivational Letter (affidavit to certify content)
- Latest university or school results
- Proof of enrollment/ acceptance at a tertiary study institution
1) Be certain you submit your application well ahead of the application closure date (as given below).
2) short-listed implemented will have to attend a meeting- students will be informed telephonically and via written correspondence.
3) the choice interview process will occur from August to October. Applicants can also have to undergo a health statement or exam.
4) Closing selections will occur and awards will be awarded according to satisfactory academic effects, a productive meeting and adequate healthcare fitness.
5) Students will be informed of the results of this application between October and December.
6) Successful applicants will receive complete documentation about the Eskom bursary/ scholarship, together with a contract along with other documentation that must be done and shipped straight back again to Eskom.
Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019 Application Deadline
Eskom Bursaries 2019 application deadline is on every 31 July (Annually)
(Applications submitted following this date won’t be accepted — please apply prior to the final date to make sure your application is contemplated.)
Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2019 Application Link
Application packs should be filed into one of the following manners:
1) Email: Mavumen@eskom.co.za
2) Hand delivery (to your closest Eskom office) AND the following address:
3) Post (to your closest Eskom office post box) AND the following post box:
Student Development Department
PO Box 1091
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Eskom directly:
Eskom Bursary Contact Centre
Tel: 011 800 6961
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.